That is not for the first time that I write about the re-deployment of Russian troops from Eastern Siberia and the Far East to the Ukrainian border, but we haven’t yet seen much data to confirm all the information. However this information gradually becomes more concrete over time. Here we present evidence of the deployment of the 5th Tank Brigade of the 36th Army of the Eastern Military Command, military unit 46108, place of permanent deployment – Buryatia, Ulan-Ude town, Street Devisionnaya.
Based on the acquired photo materials and information, a detachment of the 5th Tank Brigade was redeployed to Rostov region at the end of October. According to available information we can estimate the deployment strength of a battalion tactical group (BTG), which comprises tanks (T-72), artillery (self-propelled howitzers “Akatsiya”) and infantry fighting vehicles (BMP). The vehicles are mainly manned by contract soldiers from Tuva and Buryatia. Currently the BTG has been deployed as a field camp between Matveyevo-Kurgansk and Myasnikovsky area of Rostov region. From a strategic point of view this is a convenient site for further deployment to Mariupol and Donetsk.
Pay attention to the vehicles including the first picture of the BMP bearing a “ Towards Kiev” inscription on it
Related references to this unit include:
- Identification of RF military invasion forces and their losses on the territory of Ukraine;
- Subdivision of the 7th armored brigade of the Central military command as part of the invasion forces (the list of military units, redeployed to Rostov region from northern parts of RF)
- Return of the 28th motorized rifle brigade from Yekaterinburg in Rostov region;
- Russian armored column near the Ukrainian border – November the 14th (presumably the artillery of the above mentioned military unit).
- Units deployed from the Far East which comprise troops from Buryatia.
Author: Irakly Komakhidze
Translator: Roman Vlasof