In the course of identification of Russian invasion forces and weapons, we found evidence of the presence of a unit of the 7th Tank Brigade, Central Military District, military unit 89547 (city of Chebarkul, Chelyabinsk region).
A unit from this brigade was previously observed in September. Troops were apparently rotated in October. At this time, a combined unit of T-72 tank crews (presumably, a company), artillery equipped with 2S3 “Akatsiya” (a battery), and motorised infantry (a company) belonging to the 7th Brigade is present in Kamensk district of Rostov region. Some of the personnel are contract soldiers that were given a refresher course for their specialties in the 473th district training centre in Elansk (Sverdlovsk region).
Many have noted that my recent articles largely refer to units from the northern regions of Russia. The reason is clear: the winter is coming. Apparently, Russian military command has decided to replace the southerners with Siberians and Northerners, who are better adapted and equipped for winter conditions. Here is a list of military units from the northern regions of the Russian Federation deployed towards the Ukrainian border:
– 61st Marine Brigade of the Northern Fleet from Murmansk region.
– 74th Motorized Brigade of the Central Military District from Kemerov region.
Units recorded earlier:
– 138th Motorized Brigade of the Western Military District from Leningrad region;
– 385th Artillery Brigade of the Central Military District from Orenburg region;
– 35th Motorized Brigade of the Central Military District from Altai Krai;
– 32nd Motorized Brigade of the Central Military District from Novosibirsk region;
– 37th (presumably) Motorized Brigade of the Central Military District from Buryat Republic;
– 200th Motorized Rifle Brigade of the Northern Fleet from Murmansk region.
As well as troops from brigades of Main Intelligence Directorate (GRU) of the General Staff of the Armed Forces:
— Airborne Intelligence Group, 24th Separate Spetsnaz Brigade from Novosibirsk region
— 14th Separate Spetsnaz Brigade from Khabarovsk region
Short note: the 7th Independent Tank Brigade was formed on the basis of the former 34-th Motorized Rifle Division. The Brigade includes three tank battalions, a motorized infantry battalion, reconnaisance company, anti-aircraft and surface-to-air missile battalions, a combat support battalion, a self-propelled howitzer battalion, a multiple launcher rocket system battalion, a maintenance battalion, a sapper-engineer company, and other support units (more information here : http://cossac-awards.narod.ru/Sovrem_chasti_files/7_kaz_tank_brigada.html)
Recommended reading: https://burkonews.info/new-siberian-guests-border-ukraine-14th-brigade-special-forces-main-intelligence-department/
Author: Irakli Komakhidze